CB Coryell Judie, Texas A&M
Coryell Judie, #5
5'11", 187 lbs., 24 years old
2011: 22 tackles, 1 TFL (sack), 5 PBU, FF
2010: 57 tackles, 2 TFL, 4 INT, 4 PBU
- A solid zone cornerback that shows a great feel for play development and securing his area.
- Tremendous ball skills. Meets the ball at its highest point and has a nice vertical to go up and bring down the ball for an interception. Made a one-handed grab vs. LSU in 2010 for an interception.
- A willing tackle that will give a good strike. Does a nice job at feeling his way through blockers on a run blitz.
- Returned some kickoffs for Texas A&M. Two career TDs.
- Struggles to stay with his assignment in man-to-man coverage.
- Hips are a bit tight, which leads to some of his man-cover skill problems. Doesn't change directions as well as you'd like for a cornerback.
- Not an explosive player and lacks great speed. Will not be able to make up ground if beaten.
- Injury history. Shoulder surgery had him sit out in 2009, had a minor setback in 2010, then a hamstring injury kept him out for 5 games in 2011.
- Turns 25 in October.
- JUCO transfer from Fort Scott CC.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- If not for his elite ball skills, Judie would likely struggle to be drafted. But playmaking in the NFL on the defensive side of the ball is so crucial, that a player with that skill set can make up for a lot of other things. He could move to safety, but he'll need a couple of years to acclimate himself.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsPeople : Marlin