CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma
Jamell Fleming, #32
5'10", 192 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 60 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 INT, 10 PBU, 2 FF
2010: 71 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 1 sack, 5 INT, 14 PBU
2009: 15 tackles
2008: 23 tackles
- Above-average instincts keep him in the play on most occasions. Stays stride-for-stride with underneath routes like slants, drags and also recognizes some screens.
- Gets a bit physical with the receivers when the ball gets to them and doesn't get flagged, which draws the ire of opponents fans more than anything.
- Has a solid build for the position. Packed on 10 pounds of muscle from his Junior Pro Day in 2011 to the Senior Bowl.
- Experienced in special teams.
- His technique in turning out of his backpedal tends to take him out-of-balance. A quick double move as he's turning or a little shove to go along with it can direct him way off course.
- Not nearly physical enough in press coverage. Offers one arm at times at the receiver but most quickly either evade it or swat it down.
- Not really a seek and destroy type of player. Let's the ball carrier come to him rather than the other way around.
- Dismissed from Oklahoma because of academic problems, was later reinstated.
- Turns 23 in May.
- By many accounts, had a very good week of practice at the Senior Bowl.
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- While Fleming has some things to work on, you can tell that there are many things to work with for a team that wants to develop him. While not as polished at this point as some of the cornerbacks available, Fleming will go on Day Two or very early on Day Three.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : Arlington, Oklahoma, Texas