- Excellent explosion on quick changes of direction. Flies to the ball after he plants his foot in the ground and bursts through. Great closing speed.
- Great recognition skills. Reads the quarterbacks eyes and is quick enough to make a play on the ball on underneath routes to knock it incomplete or intercept the ball.
- Ball skills are very good. Can erase size differential with his timing and leaping ability.
- A tough tackler always looking to get his helmet in to the play.
- His size. No matter how much of an athlete he is, it will still be the grounds for completions to taller receivers in the NFL.
- Character red-flags, and a lot of them:
â–ª 2009: Involved in a fight and was arrested and charged with "misdemeanor affray and resisting arrest without violence."
â–ª April 2010: Kicked off the UF team. Arrested twice in three months on drug related charges.
â–ª 2011 season: Threw a punch at a player, was ejected from the game and suspended for the first half of his next contest for North Alabama.
- Turns 24 in October.
Projection: 1st Round
- If you ignore the off-the-field problems and only judge him based on how he looks on a field, he is a top ten -- maybe even a top five pick. He would be rivaling Morris Claiborne for those honors. As it stands, you can't ignore those problems. Teams interested in his services will attempt to plunge in to his psyche and find the root of the problems before they decide to reward him with millions of dollars. With the type of talent he has, I don't think he'll drop any farther than the end of the first round. You can look at last year's headache cornerback, Jimmy Smith, and see the same results. One team will be willing to take a chance that he can put it together while others will take him off their boards completely.