CB Josh Robinson, Central Florida
Josh Robinson, #20
5'10", 193 lbs., 21 years old
2011: 48 tackles, 2 INT (1 TD), 15 PBU, FF
2010: 59 tackles, 2 INT, 13 PBU
2009: 68 tackles, 6 INT (1 TD), 8 PBU
- Despite a shorter college career, has just as much or even more starting experience than many eligible for the 2012 NFL Draft.
- An explosive athlete that has a nice first step to either run with the receiver or close on a reception. Good closing speed.
- Shows the ability to smoothly change directions
- Held his own when matched up 1-on-1 against A.J. Green in the 2010 Autozone Liberty Bowl. Didn't fall for Green's double move and ran stride-for-stride.
- Small, even for the cornerback position. Jump ball settings may not be the most advantageous for him in the NFL.
- Really struggles to shed blocks when the ball carrier is heading his way. Shows a good fight, but is easily contained by the wideout blocking him.
- Tackling ability is below average at this point against oncoming ball carriers.
- Declared as a junior.
- All-C-USA First Team selection two straight years.
Projection: 1st to 2nd round
- If Robinson can display his speed and explosion at the NFL Combine this year, his stock could even go up more. At this point, he looks the part of a nickel corner in the NFL that can change directions with the shiftier route runners of the league.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : FloridaPeople : A.J. Green, Josh Robinson, Sunrise