CB Keith Tandy, West Virginia
Keith Tandy, #8
5'10", 202 lbs., 23 years old
2011: 64 tackles, 2 TFL, 4 INT, 9 PBU
2010: 57 tackles, 2 TFL, 6 INT, 11 PBU, FF
2009: 61 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 INT, 4 PBU
2008: 6 tackles
- Recognition skills when he's in a zone look are very good. Sees the play develop and fires to the ball to limit the yardage gained.
- Strong tackler in a 1-on-1 setting. Makes a good initial hit and brings down the ball carrier for the most part.
- Displays a good nice burst to blow up a play. Solid closing speed.
- A compact and strongly built cornerback.
- Struggles in man-to-man scenarios.
- When in press, needs to use his body a bit more and re-route the receiver.
- If he gets beat, he'll struggle to get back to his man. Below average recovery speed.
- Named a Big East Academic All-Star twice.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- Tandy looks the part of a smart player with the want-to, but with physical limitations holding him back. He can be a solid special teams contributor early on and be a depth corner for a team that plays zone a majority of the time. He'll struggle on man-to-man teams.