- A tough, gritty and physical cornerback that isn't afraid to initiate contact against a much larger wideout. Gets a good jam on the receiver.
- Able to flip his hips in coverage to stay with his man.
- Uses the sideline as a defender when given the opportunity.
- A willing tackler. Rushes up field to attempt to bring down the ball carrier.
- Size is below average, 6'4"-plus receivers may be able to take advantage of his small stature.
- Ball skills lack a bit. Does a good job in shadowing his man and even turning his head when the ball is on the way. He doesn't always react to the pass and he can get beat that way.
- Not an overly explosive player. Has good speed but isn't elite in that department.
- Turns 22 in March.
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- Undoubtedly, the game that will convince some team to draft him early on will be his performance against Justin Blackmon this past season. For good reason, too. Johnson did almost everything right in that game against one of the best receivers in the nation. He'll get a look to start early in his career.