CB Mike Harris, Florida State
Mike Harris, #1
5'10", 181 lbs., 23 years old
2011: 58 tackles, 6 TFL, 1 sack, INT, 9 PBU
2010: 41 tackles, 4 INT, 5 PBU, 2 FF
- Shows a good base of knowledge in defensive schemes. Played both zone and man in Florida State's multiple defensive look.
- Displays a good plant and fire off the very end of his backpedal on underneath routes. Nice short-area quickness.
- Has good hips that he can flip outside and stay with the receiver.
- Good recognition in the screen game and on runs. Willing tackler.
- Undersized at cornerback. Will get pushed around by blockers.
- Tends to give his man a generally large cushion in one-on-one coverage.
- Doesn't have the great speed that so many of the smaller cornerbacks have to compensate for their size.
- JUCO transfer from El Camino CC.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- Harris shows up quite well whenever you watch a Florida State game, even though he was in a rotation with a few other defensive backs in Tallahassee. Harris shows he's willing to make a play in the backfield and that can be welcomed on special teams in the NFL. On defense, Harris is likely a nickel corner in the prime of his career. A lack of speed and size will likely prevent him from being a starting player.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : Florida, MiamiPeople : Mike Harris