CB Robert Blanton, Notre Dame
Robert Blanton, #12
6'0", 197 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 70 tackles, 8 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INT, 6 PBU
2010: 54 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 INT, 4 PBU
2009: 38 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 INT, 2 PBU
2008: 33 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 INT (TD), 3 PBU
- Certainly has the size to play cornerback in the NFL. Prototype.
- A very physical corner that is a bit grabby with his assignment.
- Shows nice balance, always seems in control in his movements.
- A solid tackler compared to most corners in the draft. Displays good tackling form
- Gets caught in man-to-man coverage at times. Got turned inside out more than a couple of times. Might be more of a zone guy.
- If he gets deceived on a route, he tends to get a bit handsy which can lead to some penalties.
- Timed speed may be a bit slower than most cornerbacks available.
- A full-time starter for only one season.
- Turns 23 in September.
- Participated in the East-West Shrine Game.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- I think Blanton has the type of game to be a superb special teams contributor, making tough tackles along the way. He's more of a depth cornerback that should only start early on if there is a large amount of injuries to his team at that position. Could be moved to safety based on a lack of speed.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : Matthews, North CarolinaPeople : Robert Blanton