DE Chandler Jones, Syracuse
Chandler Jones, #99
6'5", 265 pounds, 21 years old
38 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks (4 in '10, 2 in '09) 2 FF, 1 INT
- Prototypical size for the NFL level.
- Has an able swim move and inside rip to move to get by OTs. Normally uses the bull rush, though.
- Good reaction time to snap of the ball.
- Long-range potential.
- Very, very raw. Could have benefited from another year at school. Will be a project.
- A slow starter. Won't have the timed speed you'd like and won't track down anybody from behind.
- Struggles in lateral movement. Will have trouble setting the edge at the next level.
- Plays a bit too upright at times.
- Will turn 22 on February 27
- Brother of UFC fighter Jon 'Bones' Jones and Ravens DL Arthur Jones
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- His height and weight will get some teams drooling, which could cause him to rise. Doesn't have a complete game, and is often lost in the play without making too many waves. Then out of nowhere he'll pull off a pass-rush with a big move that makes you think a bit more about him. Long-term, project player for some team. Could be worth a pick in the mid-rounds.