Jake Bequette #91
6'4", 263 lbs., 22 years old
Little Rock, AR
28 tackles, 10 sacks (7 in '10, 5.5 in '09, 1 in '08)
- Great fire off the snap. Will catch a lot of offensive linemen flat-footed.
- Has a very, very good feel for the run game. Can cause the runner to change course.
- Most effective when going wide and bending, utilizing his quickness off the snap.
- Has experience dropping back in to coverage, and holds to it even when the quarterback rolls out.
- Will not have great timed speed. His 10-yard split may be good, but 40-yard dash will not wow you.
- Doesn't have the closing speed you'd like once he gets in to the backfield.
- A 7-technique end only. Doesn't have the game for a 3-4 OLB.
- Fourth Bequette to play at Arkansas
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- His stock drops just because of the speed and lack of versatility, but I think he'll be better than some pass rushers drafted ahead of him. I would not bet against Jake Bequette.