DE Julian Miller, West Virginia
Julian Miller #97
6'3", 256 pounds
31 tackles, 6 sacks (9 in '10, 8 in '09, 3.5 in '08) 2 FF
- Productive all four seasons in sack totals.
- Lines up all over the defensive line (7, 5, 3, 0-techniques).
- Played his senior season through a high ankle sprain.
- Showed some explosion in his junior and sophomore seasons.
- Nice job of setting the edge and diagnosing play-action when given the chance.
- Severely undersized for the position they used him.
- Gets too low at times and is blown off the ball in run game.
- Engages with blocker and has trouble getting off the block.
- 4 sacks vs. Pittsburgh
- Has had one 3+ sack performance per year for three seasons. (Pitt '11, Rutgers '10, Louisville '09)
Projection: 6th to 7th round
- The pre-draft workouts are going to be essential for him. Has to put on weight, he needs to show the ankle is healed and exhibit the type of play he had early in his career. If he doesn't, he could go undrafted.