DE/OLB Donte Paige-Moss, North Carolina
Donte Paige-Moss, #98
6'4", 260 lbs., 20 years old
29 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks (7 in '10, 2 in '09)
- Has all the type of measurements you'd want. The frame is perfect for a hybrid DE/OLB.
- He has good speed. It's not elite, but still solid.
- On passing downs he doesn't let the tackle get in to his pads.
- Has played both standing up and in a three-point stance.
- Really failed to live up to the expectations outside of the end of his sophomore season. Wasn't anything more than a rotational player for UNC in 2011.
- Not very good against the run. Has overrun his responsibilities when free and lets the tackle get inside his pads and he's controlled. Hard for him to disengage from blocks.
- A very raw prospect. Another player that could have benefited from another year in school.
- Tore his ACL at the end of the 2011 season, but declared early for the draft anyway.
- Turns 21 in April
- Also played running back in high school.
- Number 8 rated overall player on Tom Lemming's high school rankings.
- Dream job is to "produce and act on Broadway"
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- This is the time in the draft where teams can start to gamble a little bit in hopes for a big return. Paige-Moss will get his name called with a team hoping they just got the steal of the draft for pass rushers. No guarantees on him, however. He's underperformed to this point.