DE/OLB Frank Alexander, Oklahoma
Frank Alexander, #84
6'4", 255 lbs., 22 years old
Baton Rouge, LA
54 tackles, 19 TFL, 8.5 sacks (7 in '10, 1.5 in '09, 3.5 in '08) 3 FF, 1 INT
- Most effective when he can keep his arms extended and keep the blocker out of his pads.
- Is used to setting the edge on run plays -- especially ones involving misdirection.
- Lines up in both a three-point stance and in a stand-up. Has some coverage experience, too.
- Perfect height/weight combination for a 3-4 DE/OLB
- Struggled mightily against high profile left tackle Riley Reiff. Wasn't heard from at all.
- If a blocker gets in his pads, he's easily controlled when trying to get after the passer.
- Driven back against the run at times.
- 3 sacks versus Texas in 2011
- 44.5 TFL through his four-year career with the Sooners.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- While his production in college indicates he should have a strong career, the footage of his senior season proves otherwise. He'll have a spot in the league and will get drafted, but struggles against people like Riley Reiff will only amplify the holes in his game.