DE/OLB Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy
Jonathan Massaquoi, #94
6'2", 250 lbs.
52 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 6 sacks (12.5 in '10) 1 FF
- Very speedy and explosive pass rusher. Quick off the snap.
- Displays a natural bend when going for an outside rush against offensive tackles.
- Calculated hand combat that helps free him enough to get to the passer.
- Has experience dropping back in to coverage, which will be critical as he's viewed as a potential 3-4 OLB.
- Not the prototype 3-4 OLB in size. 6'2" is the cut-off for a lot of teams for players of his position. Imperative that he is what Troy has him listed as.
- Is a bit smaller, so he does get overpowered from time-to-time.
- Has struggled to get off blocks from tight ends a few times in the run game.
-Native of Monrovia Liberia, West Africa
-Cousins with two current NFL players: Minnesota TE Visanthe Shiancoe and Cleveland WR Mohammed Massaquoi
- Transferred after one season at Butler County CC in 2009
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- This projection goes with the thinking that Massaquoi will check in at 6'2". If he does not, it could go down a bit. But he's still a very, very talented pass-rusher no matter the size and he can have an impact in the NFL in my opinion. He looks to continue the strong path of Troy DEs in to the NFL (Osi Umenyiora, DeMarcus Ware).