Nick Perry #8
6'3", 250 lbs., 21 years old
55 tackles, 9.5 sacks (4 in '10, 8 in '09)
- Versatility to drop back in coverage along with rushing the passer from the blind side.
- Great speed for a player his size.
- Isn't physically overmatched despite his weight. Well built.
- A good array of moves, inside and outside both.
- Looks in control at all times. A smooth operator.
- Able to diagnose run plays and make plays at line of scrimmage.
- May need to put on more weight for the NFL.
- Could struggle against overly strong and weighty NFL offensive tackles.
- Loses contain at times due to not realizing a wedge block is heading his way.
- Will turn 22 in April.
- Two sacks versus Oregon this year.
- 40-time is reportedly near 4.6
Projection: Top 15 Pick
- If Perry adds 10-15 pounds and runs in the 4.6's, he has a very, very good chance of being the first pass rusher off the board. Can be a starter right away.