Shea McClellin, #92
6'3", 255 lbs., 22 years old
50 tackles, 12.5 TFL, 7 sacks (8.5 in '10, 3 in '09, 1 in '08) 1 FF
- The improvement from his junior to senior season is very impressive. Looked explosive in 2011.
- Plays a little bit of everything in Boise State's 'Joker' position. Was a 7-technique DE, stand-up OLB, inside linebacker. A lot like what USC did with Clay Matthews in his time there.
- Has the speed off the snap to beat offensive tackles clean. Good bend to force the issue in the pocket.
- Comfortable in coverage. Versatility is not an issue.
- Sure tackler, doesn't go for the no-arm kill shot. Wraps up and tries to strip the football.
- Misplays some misdirection runs from time to time.
- Doesn't always force the run inside on the edge.
- Level of competition, how much will it be an issue?
- Turns 23 in August
Projection: Late 1st to 2nd round - McClellin has the sort of game that translates very well in to the NFL in my opinion. I expect him to rise as workouts go on and to get his name called, at worst, early on Day Two.