Doug Marrone's Bills playlist review- May 30
For those that missed it last time around, the Buffalo Bills and head coach Doug Marrone have elected to play music throughout the duration of their practices in hopes to set a faster tempo during the day. And, in case anyone was wondering, it's Marrone's playlist all the way through.
To finish off the first week of OTAs, the Bills and their head coach provided an interesting blend of music throughout the session. Here is the playlist from the third day of OTAs, along with some reviews of the choices:
(PS: Tongue firmly in cheek)
1) Shout - The Isley Brothers
- As the media walked out to the practice field, we found the stretching Bills roster serenaded by the familiar refrain of the shout song. Especially in Buffalo, it was a strong start to the day. Fred Jackson couldn't help himself but to react at the "a little bit louder now" portion of the song.
2) Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
- Justin Timberlake makes his debut over at One Bills Drive. It's hard to not bop your head at the beat.
3) In The End - LInkin Park
4) Sex Machine - James Brown
- Can one really go wrong with a classic by James Brown?
5) Hey Ya! - Outkast, performed by The Hit Crew
- Here is the first issue of the day. The version that played over the speakers was a cheap knock-off of the real thing. The Hit Crew is getting some real run over the last two days.
6) Folsom Prison Blues (Live) - Johnny Cash
7) Crazy In Love - Beyonce, performed by The Hit Crew
- What is it with The Hit Crew? This choice not only hit the repeating artist offense, but also the knock-off version offense. Marrone's next few have to bring it.
8) For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) - AC/DC
- Yours truly isn't the biggest AC/DC guy, but their tempo brought a certain element that the practice needed. A good bounce-back effort.
9) Good - Better Than Ezra
10) Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
- Wilson Pickett for the win.
11) Enter Sandman - Metallica
12) Paradise City - Guns ’N Roses
- A repeat from Thursday's practice. Marrone is just lucky we're still riding high from the Wilson Pickett addition to Friday's playlist.
13) Over When It’s Over - Eric Church
14) Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- An easy please for many. Marrone didn't put himself out on too much of a limb here but it worked.
15) Talk Dirty (En Español) - Jason Derulo
- The second repeat from Thursday? Perhaps the playlist is a bit thinner than we had hoped.
Grade for Friday, May 30: 7.9/10
- So badly asking for a grade in the 8's with the entrance of Shout, Sexy Back and Mustang Sally, Marrone had to be docked points for two repeats and two knock-offs. Even still, it was a strong effort from the head coach. We'll see how he backs it up on Tuesday for Day 4 of OTAs.
**Photo courtesy of The Associated Press