- Zemgus Girgensons opened the scoring 12:17 into the game, backhanding a loose puck over Henrik Lundqvist for the 1-0 Sabres lead.
- The Sabres upped their lead to 2-0 later in the period thanks to Evander Kane. Kane crashed the net, following up on a Sam Reinhart rebound for his 9th of the season.
- Justin Bailey made it 3-0 with his 1st career NHL goal, pouncing on a turnover in the slot just 1:03 into the 2nd period.
- Nick Holden's 4th goal in 4 games finally got the Rangers on the board, one of 15 2nd-period shots for New York.
- Jack Eichel's power play goal at 1:10 of the final period put the Sabres up 4-1, a tap-in goal off a nice feed by Reinhart.
- Eichel was credited with his 7th goal of the season -- not his 8th. His apparent goal during Saturday's loss to the Bruins was stripped on Tuesday, instead given to Kyle Okposo. The league ruled that Eichel's shot glanced off Okposo's leg, giving Eichel the primary assist and Rasmus Ristolainen the secondary helper.
- Each of Kane's 9 goals on the season have come in his last 14 games.
- With two assists on Tuesday, Reinhart has eight points in his last seven games (2 G, 6 A).
12:17 - BUF - Zemgus Girgensons (4) (William Carrier, Brian Gionta)
19:21 - BUF - Evander Kane (9) (Sam Reinhart, Kyle Okposo)
3:27 - NYR - Brady Skjei (2 min., interference)
1:03 - BUF - Justin Bailey (1) (Unassisted)
15:55 - NYR - Nick Holden (8) (J.T. Miller, Oscar Lindberg)
6:34 - NYR - Dan Girardi (2 min., slashing)
9:33 - BUF - William Carrier (2 min., interference)
1:10 - BUF - Jack Eichel (7) (PPG) (Matt Moulson, Sam Reinhart)
0:18 - NYR - Jimmy Vesey (2 min., hooking)
4:07 - NYR - Nick Holden (2 min., delay of game)
17:31 - NYR - Brady Skjei (2 min., holding)
BUF - Anders Nilsson (24 saves, 25 shots)
NYR - Henrik Lundqvist (15 saves, 19 shots)
BUF - 1 of 5
NYR - 0 of 1
Justin Bailey & Jack Eichel