LB Bobby Wagner, Utah State
Bobby Wagner, #9
6'0", 241 lbs., 21 years old
Los Angeles, CA
2011: 147 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 INT
2010: 133 tackles, 8 TFL, 0.5 sacks
2009: 114 tackles, 7 TFL, 2 INT, FF
2008: 51 tackles, 2 TFL
- A highly productive, four-year starter for the Aggies.
- His speed on the field stands out most. While not elite, Wagner shows he's capable of running down a ball carrier from behind or from the side.
- Stiffs aren't hip. Able to change directions easily.
- Shows poise in not collapsing to the lane on running plays when on the outside. Maintains his responsibility and takes away the cutback lane.
- Plays a bit upright. Goes for tackles high on occasion.
- Has shown flashes in coverage but has also gotten burned pretty badly by weaker competition.
- Tends to fall in to the trap of over-pursuit when running laterally with a runner in front of him.
- Turns 22 in June.
- Looked like he belonged with the bigger school players at Senior Bowl practice according to many reports. Named Game MVP with 7 tackles and 1 interception.
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- The Senior Bowl will be the sticking point for why he gets drafted as early as he does. Wagner possesses some great skills and a nice physicality to him. Playing both middle and outside linebacker for Utah State during his career, I think Wagner's best fit may as a strongside linebacker. However, he can play the middle as well.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : California, Los Angeles, UtahPeople : Bobby Wagner