Chris Galippo, #54
6'2", 250 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 47 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, INT
2010: 29 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INT, 3 FF
2009: 70 tackles, 8 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 INT, 2 FF
2008: 12 tackles, 2 TFL, INT
- Prototypical size for a linebacker in the NFL.
- Able to diagnose a passing play easily which allows him to get in to his coverage responsibilities quickly.
- Heavily recruited out of high school. The consensus top linebacker recruit in the country in 2007.
- Struggles to get noticed in a good way and bad. Will make tackles occasionally, but by and large is away from the ball.
- Not athletic enough to keep with running backs or tight ends in coverage. Will get exposed in the NFL.
- Easily deceived. Focuses too much on diagnosing the play right from the snap and bites on play action many times.
- Turns 23 in April.
Projection: Late round to undrafted
- While Galippo has the name recognition and the size you'd want, the overall polish of a linebacker that spent five years at one of the most talented programs in the nation just isn't there. He'll get an invite to camp somewhere, but may only be a special teams player and a backup 3-4 inside linebacker or 4-3 outside linebacker.