D.J. Holt, #3
6'1", 242 lbs., 23 years old
Santa Clarita, CA
2011: 82 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 2 sacks
2010: 85 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 2 sacks, 3 FF
2009: 36 tackles, 3 TFL
2008: 14 tackles, 1 TFL
- Great size for the linebacker position in the NFL.
- Solid speed, not the best, but not the worst.
- Doesn't lack effort. Puts his full body in to a blocker for contacts and is a solid wrap-up tackler when given the chance.
- Understands angles of pursuit and implements them.
- Gets taken out of the play by blockers quite easily. Doesn't stay balanced enough to try and take on the blocker, move laterally and attempt to shield the runner from getting upfield.
- Quickly dealt with by linemen on blitz attempts. Not a pass-rushing threat from up the middle.
- Plays with a certain degree of hesitation. Hesitation off the snap and hesitation with taking the right lane on run plays.
- Turns 24 in December.
Projection: 6th to 7th round
- I think Holt will have to work his way in to the NFL with special teams work, and likely be a weakside linebacker in a 4-3 as a backup if he does make the team. Limited upside.