LB Danny Trevathan, Kentucky
Danny Trevathan, #22
5'11", 223 lbs., 21 years old
2011: 143 tackles, 12 TFL, 3 sacks, 5 FF, 4 INT
2010: 144 tackles, 16 TFL, 2 sacks, 4 FF
2009: 80 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 FF
2008: 5 tackles
- Nice speed for the linebacker position. Has good speed from sideline-to-sideline.
- Has a nice feel for the play and can move well laterally to prevent the play from busting out.
- Always around the ball. Does very well at finding where the football is going and is within the vicinity.
- Very undersized, even for a weakside linebacker.
- Can get taken out of the play very easily. Struggles to get off his blocks and often times gets swallowed up by the blocker. Will have trouble disengaging against more skilled NFL linemen.
- Usually the one to take on the lead blocker but has trouble making the play in the backfield.
- Turns 22 in March
- Worked with children on a trip to Ethiopia in 2011.
Projection: Late round to undrafted
- It's hard to ignore the production and overall football intelligence Trevathan displays on the field. At the same time, it's hard to ignore the fact that he's very undersized and needs some help on the field in order to make those plays. I think he can be an asset to a team on special teams, which makes him a late round pick candidate.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : KentuckyPeople : Danny Trevathan, Leesburg