Demario Davis, #23
6'1", 235 lbs., 23 years old
2011: 69 tackles, 10 TFL, 3 sacks, INT
2010: 63 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INT, 2 FF
2009: 82 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 3 sacks, INT, 4 FF
2008: 17 tackles, 1 TFL
- An old-school, no gloves thumping type of linebacker that can provide a big hit.
- Shows natural ability in run blitzing and stuffing.
- Has a strong upper body that utilizes his physicality against blockers.
- Has experience playing on kick coverages on special teams, even as a senior.
- Not overly athletic. A bit stiff in the hips. Will struggle with change in direction.
- Does not look like he possesses the speed to stay with NFL players covering sideline-to-sideline.
- Not much of a coverage player. Doesn't look comfortable in underneath zone.
- Played basketball and high jumped in high school.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- Davis looks to me like a two-down run-stuffing linebacker that you can plug in if your normal starter gets injured early on in his career. At worst, he's an experienced special teams player that can contribute to your team in that capacity.