Sammy Brown, #8
6'1", 243 lbs., 21 years old
2011: 93 tackles, 30 TFL, 13.5 sacks
2010: 76 tackles, 19.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 2 FF
- A highly productive player in his two seasons with the Cougars.
- Primarily used as a pass rusher in a 3-4 scheme, has a solid array of moves that gets him to the quarterback. Constantly disrupting the backfield
- Very good speed off the edge. Can get up and under bigger, slower blockers quickly. Good athleticism.
- A nice use of hands to fend off blockers getting in to his pads.
- A bit small to be considered as a 3-4 outside linebacker. Will likely have to assimilate in to a weakside linebacker spot to start.
- Gets deceived by misdirection run plays that takes him a step or two out of the play.
- Needs to be in some space, once a blocker gets in to his pads it's over for him on that play. Struggles to maintain gap integrity on runs when this is the case.
- Level of competition weaker than most other prospects.
- Turns 22 in April.
- Transferred from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- While Brown needs some overall polish to his game against the run, he's still a semi-explosive linebacker that can make some plays for you. Has enough athleticism to stay in the play. Could evolve in to a starter down the line. Special teams for the here and now.