Tank Carder, #43
6'3", 237 lbs., 23 years old
2011: 70 tackles, 4.5 TFL, 2 INT
2010: 61 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 3.5 sacks, INT, FF
2009: 89 tackles, 10 TFL, INT, FF
2008: 9 tackles, 1 TFL
- A highly productive player and three-year starter at an up-and-coming collegiate program.
- Never, ever quits on a play. Displays fire and emotion on the field and when he makes a big play.
- A solid tackler that will occasionally bring a big hit.
- Good closing speed, above average ability to change directions and stick with his man in coverage.
- Has overcome adversity in his life before. See: Special Notes
- Tends to be a bit over-aggressive at times and will overrun the play.
- Has shown the tendency to whiff on tackles against speedier players that can easily change their momentum.
- Will get engulfed by bigger blockers from time to time and become invisible.
- Named a first team All-American by ESPN in 2010.
- Was thrown from a car in an accident in 7th grade that nearly left him paralyzed.
- Was a world-class BMX rider when he was 13.
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- There are some people you never bet against, and Tank Carder is one of those. While he may have to sharpen his teeth as a special teams guy early on, I believe he has the tools to develop in to a good 4-3 weakside linebacker or 3-4 weakside inside linebacker.