LB Terrell Manning, NC State
Terrell Manning, #35
6'3", 233 lbs.
2011: 76 tackles, 14.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 3 INT, 4 FF
2010: 75 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 1 INT, 2 FF
2009: 42 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1 INT, 2 FF
- A very smart, savvy player particularly in play recognition. Shows great reads of screens and HB slips to stay with his man and even pick the ball off a few times.
- Understands his responsibilities. Moves well laterally and shoots the correct gap.
- Above-average speed for the position, likely a weakside linebacker in the NFL.
- Lacks the overall strength at times to bust off blocks. Good use of hands combats it at times, but the strength factor hurts him.
- Looks smaller on the field than his size would indicate.
- Some lapses in forcing the runner to cut it inside, rather than getting to the edge for a big gain.
- Redshirted in 2008 due to a knee injury suffered in his final year of high school.
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- Manning is a smart player that understands his role which will help him overcome in some of the areas that he lacks. He's a solid option for a depth player and may even evolve in to a starter one day. Will be a solid spot starter early in his career that will be competent enough to not be the target of the defense.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : Laurinburg, North Carolina