LB Zach Brown, North Carolina
Zach Brown, #47
6'1", 236 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 105 tackles, 13.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 3 INT, 3 FF
2010: 72 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 3 INT
2009: 47 tackles, 4 TFL, INT
2008: 6 tackles
- Elite speed and athleticism for the position. Will test out very well at the Combine.
- Very good in coverage most of the time. Has the ability to stay stride-for-stride with running backs and tight ends.
- When unblocked, can set and contain the edge as well as anyone.
- Great hands, able to bring in a tough catch for an interception.
- Too poor of a tackler at this point. Often goes for the big hit or arm tackles rather than the solid wrap-up. Will leave you scratching your head.
- Instincts are not where you want them to be. Shoots the wrong gap at times, anticipates the wrong play and takes himself out of the play.
- Easily controlled by bigger blockers. Will need to get stronger to limit their control over him upon contact.
- Turns 23 in October.
- Competed on the UNC track team in 2009.
- Former running back.
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- If it weren't for his elite speed and overall athleticism, his grade would be much lower. But some team will fall in love with what he runs and draft him early based on potential. Lacks the overall polish of a long-term college starter. A bit overrated at this point and a couple years from starting in my opinion. Weakside linebacker.