OT Andrew Datko, Florida State
Andrew Datko, #67
6'6", 314 lbs., 21 years old
- Started for the Seminoles at left tackle since his true freshman season.
- Great size for the position.
- A smart player that has been coached very well about angles to the pass-rusher and using them to his favor.
- A strong run blocker that fires in to his assignment right off the snap.
- A vast injury history of shoulder problems. Injured his shoulder in 2010, missed three games and required off-season surgery. Sidelined in October of 2011 with another shoulder injury, and needed season-ending surgery.
- Technique is a bit off. Seems to hunch over a bit when dropping back to pass block. It causes him to play a lot smaller than his size indicates. That takes away his leverage advantage at times.
- Looks a bit off balance in pass blocking. It got the job done in college, but will need some tweaking in the NFL.
- May be best suited to play right tackle, not left.
- Turns 22 in August.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- All in all, I think the shoulder injury history will prevent him from being picked in the first two days. Still, he shows a lot of leadership and intelligence in the way he plays the game which will help a team take a chance on him. If his shoulder doesn't check out in Indianapolis though, he could fall out of the draft completely.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : Florida, IndianapolisPeople : Andrew Datko, Weston