James Brown, #70
6'3", 307 lbs., 23 years old
- Good athlete for a left tackle with tremendous footwork. Understands technique and angles to keep his quarterback clean.
- A great burst off the line. Initiates contact in the run game and provides a good pop.
- Excellent in reading stunts and delay blitzes. Pushes his man towards the guard and athletic enough to change directions and get his second assignment.
- A good strength to ward off a high bull-rush. Good feet to cancel out speed rushers. Did very well against Clemson's Andre Branch.
- His size will go against him for some teams. At 6'3", he's not the prototype.
- Level of competition is lower than some of the top-tier tackles out there.
- Doesn't get a great push on goal line settings against players with girth.
- Turns 24 in November.
- Arms measured 33 3/8.
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- While he may not have the prototypical size, I'm a believer that Brown can be an effective left tackle in the NFL. His overall athleticism and technique overcomes where he lacks in height. In my eyes, he's a better prospect than some of the more-heralded big school players in the 2012 NFL Draft.