John Cullen, #77
6'5", 300 lbs., 21 years old
La Mirada, CA
- A good, punishing run blocker that looks to finish his blocks whenever possible.
- Displays good footwork at left tackle to keep the pocket in tact for the QB.
- Never, ever gives up on a play. Plays with an edge.
- Solid at disarming hand jabs from the pass rusher.
- Average athleticism, can get beat wide by a quicker pass rusher.
- Plays a bit too upright and can be bull-rushed in to the backfield.
- Gets out-leveraged at times in run blocking allowing defenders to get off their blocks and make the play.
- Turns 22 in May.
- Transferred to Utah from Fullerton College in 2009.
- Two-year starting left tackle at Utah.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
Cullen is an intriguing player based on his mentality he shows throughout his games. He possesses that killer instinct that teams like. At first, he'll likely be a reserve lineman somewhere, but he has some pieces to his game that can develop in to a starting guard or right tackle down the line.