OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford
Jonathan Martin, #55
6'6", 304 lbs., 23 years old
Los Angeles, CA
- Three-year starter at left tackle for Stanford.
- A nice combination of footwork and athleticism. Will test out well in Indianapolis.
- An above average run blocker that seals a block nicely to spring a carry.
- Entrusted to protect the blind side of the most highly-touted QB prospect in years.
- Not an overly physical tackle. Will stick with his man but lacks the real killer instinct.
- When he gets beat, it's usually by losing the edge on a speed rusher. He gets out of his stance, squats, and anchors, which allows a speedier rusher to get around him.
- Needs to be a bit more decisive when looking for a block on screen play. Struggles to find his man and initiate contact.
- Second team All-American in 2011.
Projection: 1st Round
- Martin will likely be drafted in the first round, and reached for based on the position he plays, who he protected, and how he tests out in Indianapolis. But when I look at Martin during a game setting, I see a player that really struggles with keeping the edge nice and clean. To me, that is only going to multiply in the NFL. Against slower pass-rushers, he'll be alright, and he's certainly a good run blocker. To me, he doesn't look like a franchise left tackle.