OT/OG Markus Zusevics, Iowa
Markus Zusevics, #56
6'4", 296 lbs., 22 years old
Arlington Heights, IL
- Incredibly athletic for the position. Looks and built like he's an oversized fullback on the field.
- Footwork is great, looks well-taught at the position. Slides and mirrors with the defender with ease. Looks in control.
- Able to deal with an initial bull rush and gives a jab right back..
- Will finish his blocks in the run game in pancaking fashion.
- A bit undersized for tackle in the NFL with small arms (33"). Former Iowa T Bryan Bulaga was often criticized for his small arms, and his are longer than Zusevics.
- Struggled a few times with a pass-rusher batting down his arms and getting by him quickly.
- Thrown aside on run blocks occasionally allowing the defender to make a play.
- Turns 23 in April.
- Two-year starter at right tackle for Hawkeyes.
- Played volleyball in high school and had 34" vertical.
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- While he may not have the measurements that say he'd be a solid tackle in the NFL, I think he's worth a shot. At worst, he's a long-time starting guard at the next level. I could see him being on the inside of a line for the next ten years.