Riley Reiff, #77
6'6", 300 lbs., 23 years old
- An accomplished run blocker that has shown the ability to finish his blocks consistently.
- Understands the proper angles in pass blocking, displays good footwork to preserve the pocket. Very nice technique, well trained.
- Great use of his hands to deal with a mixture of moves from pass-rushers.
- Two-year starter at left tackle for Iowa.
- Struggles with a bull rush that attacks Reiff at his shoulder pads. Gets off-balance and will struggle when he starts to backpedal. A major flaw that Oklahoma exploited in their bowl game.
- Misreads stunts at times by focusing on his initial man.
-Turns 24 in December.
- A former wrestler in high school.
- Entering as a redshirt junior.
Projection: 1st Round
-I'm not as high on Reiff as some are at this point in the draft process. Some places have him going in the top ten, some even in the top five. But to me, I see a strong run blocker that can finish, but someone that struggles with an overly physical defensive end that can get him on his heels. He's not at the same level as Matt Kalil in terms of a prospect. A first rounder, but not a top ten pick to me. Will likely be a top ten selection based on the position he plays. I believe he'll be an above average starter in the NFL.