Zebrie Sanders, #77
6'5", 308 lbs., 22 years old
- Four-year starter at mostly right tackle with the Seminoles. Started his freshman year at left tackle, and ended his career at left tackle starting in October 2011.
- Very good movement and technique in pass protection. Displays a natural bend.
- Able to sustain the initial blow by pass rushers. Stays anchored and neutralizes the attack.
- Displays good recognition of defensive line stunts and switches to the proper assignment.
- Not overly athletic. Has good footwork in games but isn't going to pull and lead a brigade to the sidelines.
- An okay run blocker. Average to above average, but could stand to show a bit more fire in that department.
- By many accounts struggled at the Senior Bowl against some of the nation's elite pass rushing prospects.
- Turns 23 in December.
- An Eagle Scout as well as a violinist that received a superior ranking.
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- While the Senior Bowl impression left will likely keep Sanders out of the first round, I'm a firm believer in the body of work over just two padded practices and most teams operate under the same impression. In his games at left tackle this season, Sanders made the transition from the right side look easy and showed poise in his games. Can he do it in the NFL? Maybe, but at worst he's a starting right tackle somewhere.