- Remarkable ability of moving within the pocket. Senses pressure and has the footwork to move in and out of different throwing lanes.
- Very good intelligence and feel for the game. Reads a defense well and puts his offense in the right play. Goes through his progressions on passing plays.
- Has the type of athleticism and running ability to keep a defense honest. Can tuck and run with nothing open downfield. Opens up plays when he rolls out of the pocket.
- Overall accuracy is top notch for a college quarterback. Shows great timing and anticipation when planting to throw. Also quite accurate on rollouts.
- Does the little things very well. Deceptive little pump fakes and jukes gets him that much more of an advantage.
- Doesn't have the elite arm strength. Could find himself getting in to trouble in the deep middle of the field with a ball-hawking safety.
- When he does hang in the pocked amidst pressure, he tends to fall off his throws a bit which forces an inaccurate ball.
- Turns 23 in September.
Projection: Top Overall Pick
- While I'm not completely on board that he's a 'once in a lifetime' type of quarterback, he is the most complete quarterback prospect in recent memory. Whether or not that translates in to him becoming a top flight quarterback in the NFL will depend on more variables than just his finished college product. He can start right away.