Austin Davis, #12
6'1", 219 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 60.2%, 3,496 yards, 30 TD, 11 INT
2010: 62.9%, 3,103 yards, 20 TD, 6 INT
2009: 69.2%, 1,165 yards, 10 TD, 2 INT
2008: 57.5%, 3,128 yards, 23 TD, 8 INT
- A four-year starter at Southern Miss. Owns every passing record there is at the school.
- A nice, live arm. The ball leaves his arm quite well. Pretty delivery. Good arm strength.
- Able to stand tough against the blitz and deliver a strike.
- Has solid escapability speed.
- A very raw quarterback at this point. Comes from a one-read type of offense that really has hindered his progress as a pro prospect. Rarely under center.
- Undersized for the position.
- Is prone to just wing it in to double coverage sometimes. Doesn't always put his full force in to the throw. Bad combination.
- Turns 23 in June.
- Works out with former USM great Brett Favre on occasion.
Projection: 6th to 7th round
- I like what I see from Davis from a pure throwing standpoint. I think he certainly has some ability in that area. He's just a raw prospect in a lot of other ways that will take time and coaching. Worth a late round flier in my opinion.