- A well-documented leader of men for Michigan State throughout his time with the Spartans. Commands a huddle.
- Technically clean. No wasted movement. Possesses very good and quick feet. Quick delivery. Well trained and coached.
- Displayed confidence and poise down the stretch in two-minute scenarios with the game on the line.
- Athletic enough to get out of the pocket and make a play with his feet.
- Under duress he tends to not set his feet and just wing it at the target he's looking at. Led to some interceptions in his career.
- Can get caught in one-read tendencies from time to time.
- Only an average arm in terms of velocity.
- Turns 23 in August
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- While Cousins may have some weaknesses to his game, he could be the type of natural leader a team identifies as someone they'd like as their quarterback. Perhaps a team that misses out on the Robert Griffin III sweepstakes will look to Cousins in the second round, or maybe even at the end of the first round with a trade back in to get him. His position could very well have him going in the top 32 picks.