Ryan Lindley, #14
San Diego State
6'3", 229 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 53.0%, 3,153 yards, 23 TD, 8 INT
2010: 57.7%, 3,830 yards, 28 TD, 14 INT
2009: 54.7%, 3,054 yards, 23 TD, 16 INT
2008: 56.8%, 2,663 yards, 16 TD, 9 INT
- Has the type of mechanics and arm you look for in a NFL quarterback prospect. Has the strength to make all the throws with zip.
- Does a nice job of misleading safeties with his eyes when he's got time in the pocket to operate. Gives his receiver some separation.
- Shows good footwork in his drop. Ability to step in to the pocket shows through as well.
- Prototypical size and a four-year starter for SDSU.
- Far too inaccurate for a four-year starter in college. Attempted over 400 passes each season and never completed more than 57.7-percent in any given year. Misses high, puts too much arm in to throws.
- No real pocket mobility. Has a tough time escaping in to space to extend a play. Won't make many plays with his feet.
- Will force a throw in to double coverage when a play breaks down.
- Turns 23 in June.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- Lindley is a frustrating player. He shows these moments of brilliance that make you think he's got some real potential for the NFL, but then follows it up by forcing it deep or missing his targets high/altogether. But with the tools that Lindley has, he is the exact type of player that a team would want to take a flier on in the mid-rounds and let him develop. Needs an established quarterback ahead of him right now so the game can slow down for him. Some potential here.