- Ryan O'Reilly opened the scoring just 24 seconds into the game, ripping a feed from Kyle Okposo into the net for the 1-0 lead.
- The Senators it up at 14:45 of the 1st on Bobby Ryan's deflection of an Erik Karlsson point shot.
- Ryan picked up an assist on Dion Phaneuf's go-ahead goal in the 2nd period. Ryan took the initial shot and Phaneuf jammed home the rebound, putting the Sens up 2-1.
- Matt Moulson evened the score less than a minute into the 3rd, stuffing a loose puck into the net at the 0:51 mark. Sam Reinhart got the play started, flipping the puck over Anderson where Moulson was waiting to put it home.
- Bailey made it 3-2 later in the period, knocking Jake McCabe's shot out of the air and past Anderson.
- The Sabres are now 6-0-2 in their last 8 games against the Senators.
- Eichel has 15 points in his last 15 games (5 G, 10 A).
- Lehner's career numbers against Ottawa: 4-0-2, 1.30 GAA, .959 SV%
0:24 - BUF - Ryan O'Reilly (12) (Kyle Okposo, Justin Falk)
14:45 - OTT - Bobby Ryan (12) (Erik Karlsson, Fredrik Claesson)
8:04 - BUF - Dmitry Kulikov (2 min., hooking)
16:46 - OTT - Mark Stone (2 min., hooking)
19:03 - OTT - Dion Phaneuf (2 min., roughing)
19:03 - OTT - Nicolas Desaluriers (2 min., roughing)
14:43 - OTT - Dion Phaneuf (8) (Bobby Ryan)
6:14 - OTT - Cody Ceci (2 min., hooking)
14:55 - BUF - Zach Bogosian (2 min., high sticking)
0:51 - BUF - Matt Moulson (12) (Sam Reinhart, Jack Eichel)
7:38 - BUF - Justin Bailey (2) (Jake McCabe, Rasmus Ristolainen)
BUF - Robin Lehner (39 saves, 41 shots)
OTT - Craig Anderson (22 saves, 25 shots)
BUF - 0 of 2
OTT - 0 of 2