Brian Linthicum, #88
6'3", 249 lbs., 24 years old
St. Louis, MO
2011: 31 receptions, 364 yards
2010: 18 receptions, 230 yards, TD
2009: 20 receptions, 266 yards, 2 TD
2007: 11 receptions, 76 yards, 3 TD
- Dependable target for Kirk Cousins over the course of the last three seasons.
- Has strong hands that can snatch the ball out of the air even when he leaves his feet.
- An above average route runner for a tight end. Sells his fakes and finds some space because of it.
- Used at his best when finding the soft spot in a zone look. Does well over the middle of the field.
- A slow starter. Lacks a burst to get out of his initial stance at the line of scrimmage. Needs to wind up to get some speed.
- Shows flashes in run blocking but all in all an unpolished blocker at this point.
- Off-field concerns. Got in to a bar fight in Colorado in 2011 and was charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault and eluding police. Reduced after plea deal to misdemeanor harassment. Reportedly had to be stun-gunned by police during incident.
- Had off-season knee surgery before 2010 season.
- Turns 25 in November
- Transferred from Clemson after freshman season. Redshirted in 2008.
Projection: 6th to 7th round
- There's a place for Linthicum in the NFL, albeit a likely backup role. He needs to refine his blocking in the run game, but his talents that show as a receiver can't be ignored for a backup role.