- Good speed for the position and above average burst off the line of scrimmage. Can get to the second level easily within the throwing window.
- Able to sell his fakes and get his man to bite. Also does well in settling into the weak spots of a zone. Doesn't run in to coverage.
- Good hands most of the time. Can pluck the ball out of the air. Great vertical for his size.
- Looks to bowl people over in run after the catch. Will extend the play by continuing to drive through tackles.
- Despite being a willing blocker, he still has some things to learn in that category. Will be dealt with handily on some plays, but shows some flashes. Can develop in this area. Has gotten visibly upset with himself upon losing a block.
- Has lapses in concentration with the ball on it's way at times. Allows it to get in to his pads. Has some drops to his credit.
- Declared as a redshirt junior.
Projection: Late 1st to 2nd round
- Dwayne Allen has all the physical tools you want out of a tight end. He has the most potential, of all the prospects at the position this year, to be the most complete tight end of the group. If he can improve on his blocking and continue with his natural pass catching ability, he can be a big-time weapon for a NFL team.