George Bryan, #84
6'5", 265 lbs., 22 years old
Castle Hayne, NC
2011: 33 receptions, 331 yards, 4 TD
2010: 35 receptions, 369 yards, 3 TD
2009: 40 receptions, 422 yards, 6 TD
2008: 18 receptions, 201 yards, 4 TD
- An aggressive and accomplished blocker in the run game for the Wolfpack. Finds his man and stays along with him, walling off the defender when necessary.
- A sure-handed tight end with the ability to find a weak spot in a zone look.
- More on-field speed than you'd expect. Ran a 5.21 at his Junior Pro Day but looks much faster than that during games in the 2011 season.
- Quick reaction time off the snap.
- Athleticism isn't an area of strength. Can't change directions and re-route his momentum.
- Struggles to attain separation past the underneath routes. Has a tendency to rely on physicality in those instead of beating the defender with his route.
- Won't get you many yards after the catch. His route is usually found underneath and with a linebacker draped over him. Limits any potential big plays.
- Turns 23 in May.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- Bryan is a lunch pail type of tight end. He may never be a starter in the NFL. But a TE2 brought in for blocking purposes and special teams may just be right up his alley.