Kevin Koger, #86
6'3", 262 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 23 receptions, 244 yards, 4 TD
2010: 14 receptions, 199 yards, 2 TD
2009: 16 receptions, 220 yards, 2 TD
2008: 6 receptions, 93 yards, TD
- Very good build for the position. A strong frame that doesn't allow him to get completely overpowered by linebackers.
- Nice breakdown at the top of his routes. Turns in to a low-post man over the middle giving the QB a target.
- Once he has the ball, he does very well at fighting through contact to pick up an extra yard or two whichever way momentum is taking him.
- A solid, but not spectacular run blocker. Displays a nice strong initial push that he occasionally loses with his assignment disengaging.
- So-so speed without any real burst off the line of scrimmage.
- Will struggle in separation due to the lack of athleticism.
- Fights the ball rather than catching it clean at times.
- Never really made his mark at Michigan. Most receptions he had in one game was four.
- Turns 23 in December
- Team captain his senior season.
Projection: Late rounds to Undrafted
- While Koger will never be a star, he looks like the type to round out your roster as a TE3.