Ladarius Green, #89
6'5", 237 lbs., 21 years old
2011: 51 receptions, 606 yards, 8 TD
2010: 44 receptions, 794 yards, 7 TD
2009: 32 receptions, 533 yards, 2 TD
2008: 22 receptions, 268 yards, 5 TD
- Big bodied, long tight end that was formerly a receiver. Has more athleticism than most tight ends.
- Good speed for the position. Able to find soft spots in coverage within the time frame of the quarterback having to release the ball.
- Can catch the ball with a defender draped all over him. Good overall leaping ability.
- Run blocking needs a lot of work. Doesn't give the initial punch required in run blocking, tends to lean on his man and can't sink his hips in and anchor.
- The weight concerns. Very thinly built. Will struggle at the point of attack. May never be a complete tight end because of it.
- Not as good a route runner as you would like for someone that is considered a receiving tight end only. Not overly deceptive.
- Turns 22 in May.
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- I look at Green the same way that I looked at former Bills tight end Shawn Nelson. A receiver turned tight end that failed to have the required strength for blocking purposes coming in to the NFL. It's all about the want-to. Nelson didn't have it which led to his demise in the league. Green could get there, he just needs to work harder than some other players at his position to do so.