Michael Egnew, #82
6'5", 251 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 50 receptions, 523 yards, 3 TD
2010: 90 receptions, 762 yards, 5 TD
2009: 3 receptions, 25 yards
2008: 4 receptions, 22 yards
- Great hands, among the best in this category for tight ends in the 2012 NFL Draft. Catches it with his hands, shows great concentration.
- Shows good sideline awareness when making a tough catch. Can make a play in a tight window with a defender draped all over him.
- Good speed for the position. Able to penetrate the second level of the defense.
- Excellent measurements for the position.
- Little to no experience as an in-line blocker. Essentially used as a larger wide receiver in Missouri's spread. No pro-style offense experience.
- An extremely poor blocker at this point. Whiffs more often than not. Needs a lot of work.
- Burst off the line of scrimmage isn't as good as his timed speed. Plays a bit stiff.
- Dramatic fall in production with a less talented quarterback.
- Turns 23 in November.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- Egnew falls in line with other highly productive tight ends from Missouri in recent years. An inefficient blocker but with above average receiving skills, Egnew will certainly get a look from a team at some point during the draft.