Nick Provo, #80
6'2", 251 lbs., 23 years old
West Palm Beach, FL
2011: 51 receptions, 537 yards, 7 TD
2010: 33 receptions, 365 yards, TD
2009: 4 receptions, 55 yards
2008: 4 receptions, 70 yards, TD
- A strong in-line blocker in the run game. Finds his man and keeps him away from the ball carrier. Does a nice job of staying balanced. Won't finish his blocks in to the ground though.
- Provides a nice safety net for the quarterback. A good dump-off option.
- Comes from a pro-style offense at Syracuse.
- Very limited athletically. Lack of both speed and burst for the tight end position.
- Might be limited to only the dump-off routes. Struggles to attain separation on longer routes.
- May be a bit of a 'tweener. A bit on the small side for a functional tight end, but too slow to be an H-back type as well.
- Turns 24 in October.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- Provo's skills in the blocking aspect are his most solid and consistent trait. While he may never be the type to be a TE1 on a roster, he could serve as a key depth guy to come in on short-yardage situations and on the goal line.