WR Brian Quick, Appalachian State
Brian Quick, #8
6'3", 222 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 71 receptions, 1096 yards, 11 TD
2010: 47 receptions, 844 yards, 9 TD
2009: 61 receptions, 982 yards, 4 TD
2008: 23 receptions, 496 yards, 7 TD
- Great size for the next level. Looks the part.
- Good speed and movement for a man his size. Smooth route running
- Can take a hit and hold on to the catch over the middle of the field.
- Downfield blocking is a strength of Quick. He does a fine job of sealing up a lane for a runner passing by.
- No real burst out of his cuts.
- Lapse in concentration on easy catches at times. Tends to double-clutch passes completed to him.
- Level of competition puts him behind the eight-ball for being drafted high.
- Turns 23 in June
- Blocked one of the kicks in Appalachian State's famous win over Michigan in 2007. Set up their game-winning drive.
- Sat out most of 2007 with a back injury, redshirted.
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- While it's still an unknown as to how well he'll do against elite competition, there is enough of a buzz and things to work with for NFL scouts that will get them in a position to draft him. Teams are always looking for that next tall receiver prospect from a small school that transitions in to a great NFL player. It seems Quick is the toast of that thought process in 2012.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : MichiganPeople : Brian Quick