WR Danny Coale, Virginia Tech
Danny Coale, #19
6'0", 198 lbs, 23 years old
2011: 60 receptions, 904 yards, 3 TD
2010: 39 receptions, 732 yards, 3 TD
2009: 30 receptions, 614 yards, 2 TD
2008: 36 receptions, 408 yards
- Good route runner that is depended on in many short-yardage situations.
- Awareness of finding a soft spot in the zone and sitting there for a big play.
- Very good hands. Doesn't let the ball get in to his body and does well at keeping both feet in along the sidelines.
- Size is below average. VT says he's 6'0" but he looks shorter.
- Speed and burst is not the ideal for a receiver.
- Could be a more willing blocker in runs and quarterback scrambles.
- Turns 24 in June.
- VT's punter in 2011, had two punts that eclipsed 60-yards.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- I think Danny Coale has a definite spot in this league. He's just going to have to earn his keep on special teams to start and then develop in to a nice slot receiver for some team down the line.