- A very smooth route runner with nice suddenness in and out of his breakdowns.
- Good, not great speed. Can beat a defense deep.
- Good size. Weight in relation to his height is very good. Good at run after the catch.
- Good ball skills. Can come away with a pass with a defender draped over him.
- The "pay-to-play" scandal that rocked the Ohio State program to its core. Suspended five games for the tattoo parlor, and suspended another five games for being overpaid for a regular job. By far his biggest concern.
- Occasionally goes for the body catch. Isn't the worst offender by any means, but the ball gets in his pads sometimes.
- Had a good week of practice at the Senior Bowl according to reports.
- Turns 22 in March.
- In response to a question asking "What are teams asking about the suspensions?" Posey told Jacksonville.com reporter Tania Ganguli: "They definitely want to know about it. When they look and dig deep they won’t find any failed drug tests, they won’t find any DUIs, they won’t find any arrests, no academic suspensions, so I really feel like this one blemish on my career was something that I did wrong, something that I paid a lot of consequences for and a lot of other people had to as well but I feel like I learned so much from it. Hopefully that could steer me away from those other mistake."Full interview here.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- The way Posey plays when you watch him makes you think he could transition in to a good pro player. But the obvious sticking point with him to teams will be the suspensions that caused him to miss 10 games this season. Interviews, not a 40-time or any other drills, will cause his stock to rise or fall.