WR Devon Wylie, Fresno State
Devon Wylie, #7
5'9", 185 lbs., 23 years old
2011: 56 catches, 716 yards, TD
2009: 17 catches, 259 yards, 4 TD
2008: 22 catches, 269 yards, 2 TD
2007: 1 catch, 44 yards
- Perhaps the best route-running slot man in the draft. Goes hard in to his breaks and deceives the defender to gain separation.
- Great speed. During one of the broadcast's an ESPN crew said Wylie has clocked a 4.25 before. We'll see in Indianapolis.
- Good moves in space to gain more yards. Always gaining yards even when falling to the ground.
- Solid adjustment to poorly thrown passes.
- Punt returner for the 2011 and 2009 seasons. Had two returns for TD in 2011.
- Size is below average.
- Suffered a fractured left ankle in 2010, forcing him to medically redshirt.
- Defined solely to a slot receiver's role. Wasn't constantly on the field for the Bulldogs.
- Level of competition in the WAC is a cut below.
- Turns 24 in September
- Had a very good week of practice at the East-West Shrine Game according to multiple outlets.
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- Some may think this is a bit too high for Wylie, but his route running will work in the NFL. Behind Kendall Wright, Wylie is my top receiver under six-feet. If he lands in the right system, his career may take off.